VACANCY: DEAN OF STUDENTS
Machakos University was awarded a Charter on 7th October 2016 and is a successor of Machakos University College. It is located one (1) Km from Machakos Town along the main Machakos – Wote road.
The Vision of the University is: A Preferred University of Excellence in Scholarship and Service Delivery; whereas the Mission of the University is: To Provide scholarly education through Training, Research and Innovation for Industrial and socio-economic transformation of our community.
Machakos University invites internal applications from candidates who are suitably qualified and experienced with excellent credentials to fill the position of a Dean of Students in the University.
|POSITION: DEAN OF STUDENTS REF NO: HR/DOS/01|
Dean of Students reports to the Deputy Vice Chancellor-Academic and Student Affairs.
The responsibilities of the Dean of Students shall include and is responsible for:
· Coordination of students activities and welfare
· Coordination of the work of the Wardens, Counsellors, Chaplains, Games Tutors, Student Peer Counsellors and Mentors and shall work closely with the Vice-Chancellor
· Act as the Returning Officer for the Students Association elections.
· Guiding and encouraging students to form, develop and join professional and social clubs an societies and providing the necessary administrative support to such clubs and societies and
· Perform any other functions and duties assigned to him or her from time to time by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor-Academic and Student Affairs or the Vice-Chancellor.
a) Should be at the rank of a Senior Lecturer and above.
b) Should have served in the University continuously for five years and is on permanent and pensionable terms of service. Or in the case of those on contract, the balance of their contract period should be equal to or more than the three –year term of office of the Dean of Students.
c) The Dean of students shall hold office for a term of three-years renewable for a further one term of three years upon satisfactory performance.
Applicants should submit FOUR (4) COPIES each of their application letter, a detailed C.V and academic and professional certificates (including KCSE/KCE/EACE/KACE/EAACE).
Applicants should indicate their current salary, allowances and other benefits and addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) referees.
Applications should be sent to:
Deputy Vice Chancellor-Administration, Planning and Finance
P.O. Box 136 – 90100
The applications should reach the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s office on or before 5th October 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Machakos University is an equal opportunity employer and women, persons with disabilities and people from marginalized regions are encouraged to apply